FIVE QUICK & EASY WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER BOLOGNESE!
One of my staple go to recipes is to cook a big batch of Spaghetti Bolognese on each pay day when I do our bulk shop. Not only is it a crowd favourite, but it is cheap and easy to recreate various meals with the one cook up and I will always have back up meals throughout the month! #winning! I always make the mince in the slow cooker to make it super flavoursome and it doesn't matter the quality of meat as it will always ends up tender cooking in the slow cooker. I also find it a lot less stressful to cook in the morning while the house is calm, so I take advantage of my slow cooker whenever I can! #mumlife
But first my Spaghetti Bolognese Mince Recipe:
- 2kg Beef Mince or Diced Beef
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tins of crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Full tablespoon of Paprika
- Herbs, Spices (I use mixed spices and herbs, fresh oregano/basil from my indoor herb garden)
- Vegeta Stock (2 cups)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce about 1-2 tablespoon
You can also grate vegetables like Zucchini, Carrot and Capsicum. Or add some Mushrooms! I often throw in any extra ripe tomatoes I have to use them up.
Saute Onion and Garlic till browned, then pop into slow cooker. Add Mince or diced beef in the same saucepan, and give a quick cook until meat is sealed. Pop the meat into the slow cooker with all the above ingredients as well as some Vegeta Stock (2 cups) or water and cook on High for a few hours then low for the remainder of the day. (Approximately 6 to 7 hours all up)
So here it is, my TOP 5 go to, QUICK & EASY ways to use leftover Spaghetti Bolognese
1. Stuffed Capsicum & Zuchinni
- Hollow out the centre of your Zucchini and capsicum. Give them a quick season with favourite spices or just salt and pepper. Fill with mince and top with grated cheese or Feta. Cook for approx 40 min on 180 degrees. Serve with Rice or mash Potato.
2. Pizza on Lebanese bread
- Pop a thin layer of mince on the Lebanese bread. Sprinkle on some of your favourite toppings. Mine are zucchini, capsicum, bacon bits or ham and some grated cheese. Cook for approximately 20 min on 180 degrees.
3. Pin Wheels
- Defrost a sheet of puff pastry. Spread a layer of mince over the pastry and sprinkle with cheese. Roll and slice and lay on a baking tray covered with olive oil spray or baking paper. Cook for approximately 30 min on 180 degrees.
4. Loaded Potato
- Pierce potatoes with fork and cook for approximately one hour on 180 degrees. Top with warmed mince once cooked, crispy bacon, spanish onion or chives, cheese and sour cream.
Sorry... I forgot to take a pic before they all got demolished... Haha!
5. Spaghetti Cups
- Cook spaghetti or linguine until al dente! Make some bechamel sauce and stir through pasta. Spray some flexible muffin trays with olive oil spray. Line them with the pasta. Fill the inside with meat, top with a sprinkle of cheese and cook for approximately 20 min on 180 degrees.
I hope you enjoy recreating these meals and I have helped make your #mumlife that little bit easier!
Don't forget to tag me would love to hear from you and see what you think!
Until next time...
Big Love Ange x