HOW TO CREATE A PERFECT DATE NIGHT IN - IN STYLE
I wanted to share with you, a special part of my recent Dining Room segment. If you are anything like my hubby and I, we struggle to take time out together, let alone get out for dinner and make plans for a baby sitter. Recently we decided it was time to take action and started the concept of 'DATE NIGHT IN' recently.
For an awesome DATE NIGHT IN, let me show you some dining table setting inspo, a fab recipe which cooks itself while you bath the kids, and the simple motivation you need to also take time out with the one you love.
It was about 8pm by the time all the kids were in bed. I set the table during the day, I also prepped dinner. A yummy Garlic steak & Potato parcel which seriously actually cooks itself (recipe details down the thread below). When it came to the kids' dinner- they ate hot dogs, we bathed them, I popped dinner in the oven and we put them to bed. Once the house was quiet, we turned the TV off, smartphones down (that was tough), and grabbed dinner out of the oven- and soon thereafter, a set of conversation cards. I don't know about you, but when you are forced to sit down 1:1, and to talk, in these situations it can really feel awkward particularly if it's the first time in a long time. Well that was us on our last date, and we weren't going to let that happen this time! Thanks to Fuel Box, we were able to keep the conversation going until the candle had almost burnt out. Win! It was so nice to just enjoy that alone time. It is now over to hubby to arrange the next one. Will keep you up to date with what he has in store!
How to prepare for the night:
1. Set the table (early) when you have the chance... the night before, during the day, or whilst the kids eat (they had dinner at the breakfast bar on this occasion)
2. Prep dinner per recipe detailed in the thread below
3. Create a side dish such as a a salad- I used baby english spinach, feta, sweet potato, and pomegranate. I then added the dressing- a squeeze of lime, touch of olive oil, balsamic, fig glaze and crack of Himalayan rock salt. Topped off with a sprinkle of Sunflower seeds, it did the trick.
4. Some fresh sourdough baguette, cut to desired thickness
5. And cheese platter to finish off the meal
6. Oh and of course, a nice bottle of wine!
- A chunk of eye fillet steak and/or eye fillet pre-cut into 4 x 1 inches thick (depending on how you like it cooked, the thicker it is, the rarer it will be)
- Approx. 6 potatoes- quartered
- 3- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- A good crack of Himalayan Rock Salt and pepper
- Add any other herbs you normally like to use, such as Thyme
- In a large bowl combine steak, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and all seasoning, and toss to combine.
2. Divide steak and potatoes between four parcels 12x12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. I prepared and cooked in a baking tray. Preheat the oven to approx. 180 degrees. Pop the filled parcel tray into the oven from anywhere from 25 to 45 min depending on how you like your steak cooked.
3. If you prefer a char on your steak and potatoes, you can open up the packets at the end and cook for about 5 min (with the foil open)
4. Garnish with fresh thyme, parsley or sour cream and chives, and serve immediately.
- Linen look Table cloth from Kmart
- Plates are a combination from Woolworths & Kmart
- Black cutlery from My Deals, however I've also recently eye-balled at IKEA
- Placemats from Kmart
I hope I have inspired & motivated you to take some time out with the one that you love.
If you recreate any of this night would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in a FUEL BOX of your own head on over to www.fuelbox.com.au and use the code DATENIGHT for $10 OFF
Recipe recreated from https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/garlic-steak-and-potato-foil-packs/
Until Next time
Big Love Ange x