APPLE, STRAWBERRY & CINNAMON MUFFINS
Whenever I make this lunch box filler, it disappears in no time! This recipe is one of my longer lunch box filler recipes but is well worth the effort! This recipe is so versatile, and you can easily add choc chips or coconut and create as muffins or as a loaf! My favourite things about creating your own Lunchbox fillers, is that are freezable, budget friendly and you know exactly what is going into those little tummies to give them the best nutrients as possible!
90 g unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown or caster sugar
1.5 cup self raising flour
½ cup of milk of choice
2 apple peeled and diced finely (1 is for the puree as below)
6 Strawberries (use to make a puree with some maple syrup as below)
1 tbs maple syrup
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- In a small saucepan, add diced apple, strawberries, 1/2 cup of water and maple syrup. Cook for approx 15 min on medium heat until all softened and mushy
- Allow to cool and either add into a blender to puree or hand mash
- Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light & creamy.
- On a low speed add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the flour, cinnamon, puree and milk.
- Fold through the chopped apple.
- Spray muffin tray and fill approx. half way
- Bake in oven for approx. 25 min until skewer comes out clean. Longer if you create a loaf
- Makes approx. 12 - 18 muffins depending on size of tray. You can also make this as a loaf
- Freeze in between sheets of baking paper
- Add frozen into lunch box & it will be defrosted by lunchtime