WOW Butter, Nut Free Satay Sauce
I have been craving some sort of satay for months now! As well as peanut butter sandwiches and peanut butter toast, but I have a little Miss 3 year old with tree nut and peanut allergies and we haven't had any form of nuts in the house for the last 3 years as it was the safer and better option for our family. Recently I discovered WOW Butter! And I have to say I am so impressed! The closest thing I can find to peanut butter and is PEANUT FREE! We have had it for a week and have gone through almost a jar. Also last week little Miss had a nut challenge and has been cleared to safely now eat pinenuts and hazelnuts so they are a recent addition to our home, hence the yummy pinenuts you see sitting on top for a bit of crunch. But if you need the all clear from nuts, simply use the Wow Butter crunchy or top with sunflower seeds or Chang's crunchy fried noodles!
3 tbs kecap manis
1/2 cup wow butter
1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup boiling water with 1 tsp of vegeta stock
2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Chicken & Vegies of choice (I used chicken breast in strips)
Rice cooked as per packet instructions
Salt to season
Optional: Toasted pinenuts
- To make sauce, in a bowl add kecap manis, wow butter, sweet chilli, 1/2 cup water, 2 tsp fish sauce, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and stir until well combined
- Add chicken strips to sauce to marinate
- Meanwhile in a non stick pan, with a touch of olive oil, add sliced onion
- Once slightly translucent add in vegies of choice, cook for a few minutes
- Add in chicken pieces reserving the remaining sauce
- Once chicken is sealed add in remaining sauce and boiling water with vegeta stock.
- Season with salt if you wish
- Let simmer until reduced to your liking
- Serve on a bed of rice
- Top with toasted pinenuts if you wish
Watch this space, as next up will some Satay skewers with a crunchy satay dipping sauce and some Gado Gado!